A while ago I posted about my own watercolour challenge here. I have finished the pieces now. The whole process takes a little while as I have to distress the paper in the oven to lend it an air of authenticity. When I first used this technique nearly 10 years ago (for ‘Stories for Bedtime’) I had it down to fine art but have since lost all of my notes, so it was a steep learning curve. However, I think I got it just right which is fortunate. A friend once told me that every minute in the oven was worth a year of aging so I have aged these pieces of paper by about 45 years taking us back to 1968. Although this ‘fact’ may well be a load of rubbish. Perhaps they should be in the time machine/oven for a little longer next time. Anyway, here are the results and a quick pic of my pigment test (I wasn’t sure how watercolour would cope at high temperatures). They are now ready for framing so I will post those pics soon too. I am, however, moving house very soon so it may take a while for me to update.